Friday, April 11, 2008

Dark Brew

The other day I was having breakfast with a colleague in the office cafeteria. The conversation went something like this:
Hey! What’s that you have there? (Pointing at my coffee)
Coffee. With chocolate. LOTS of chocolate.
Coffee and chocolate??? (Coffee and chocolate don't mix too well in the resident Indian psyche)
Really! It’s a great combination. (With that - you gotta try it - look)
Could you make me some of that? (Politically correct what!)
Yeah! Sure. Come on, I'll show you how it’s done.

So we walk over to the coffee machine and I go like:
3 sachets chocolate powder (150g)
2 sachets Bru instant 70-30 coffee-chicory mix (Pure instant coffee isn't as good)
2 sachets sugar substitute (Have to stay within the calorie quota - Sedentary Male, South Asian)
200ml hot milk
Mix well. There you go.

We return to breakfast. I half-jokingly tell him that I moved to Microsoft for the complimentary chocolate. But seriously, you can always judge an office by its cafeteria. I guess it was Napoleon who said that an army marches on its stomach. Things haven't changed all that much in the last 300 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment