Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Safety first

As usual, I didn’t have any work to do that I wanted to do. So I decided to drop in for a safety and first-aid training open for everyone at the office. Again, as usual, yours truly walk in 15 minutes late. I had a vague notion that safety and first-aid were important matters and so I was rather embarrassed to be late for such an important training. It was only after I sat down in one of the back benches that I realized that apart the people arranging the event, there was only one other person in the class. Over time, a few others joined in but the turnout was rather disappointing for a facility with more than 3000 people. Considering that we were taught interesting things like CPR (and we even got to practice on a mannequin) I was surprised to see so few people turning up. Its true, software engineers have got their priorities all wrong. Of course it is not totally impossible that maybe everybody else already knows all this. Or perhaps they are really busy with more important things like fixing bugs and attending meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment